1. From the Menu Bar of your Map software, select REGIONS. Highlight NEW and left click on it. (This activates the region draw tool.)
2. Using the "click and drag" method, click to the upper right, upper left, lower right, or lower left of the area you would like to select. Next drag the mouse pointer diagonally to the opposite point (I.E. if you clicked to the upper right of the area, drag the mouse pointer to the lower left). You will see a box being drawn as you drag the mouse pointer. Before releasing the mouse button, size the box to the desired size. Now release the mouse button. Place the mouse pointer in the box. You will see a small Tip Tool popup with the estimated size, in kilobytes (KB), of the area selected.
3. From the Menu Bar, select REGIONS. Highlight CUT REGION.
4. You are now prompted to NAME the region. Type in a name for your new region. Click the OK button when finished or press the ENTER/RETURN on your keyboard.
5. You have successfully created a region. (You will see this newly created region in the "Saved Regions" list on the right side of your display.) Using your mouse place it over the small empty box and left click in it. Then a check mark will appear. Select “Regions" then select “Upload to GPS" on the drop down menu.
6. Select “Store on HardDrive" and click NEXT.
7. Enter the serial number from your eXplorist GPS. That is found in the GPS in the “Menu" list under “About". Enter the serial number under “Target GPS Unit Serial Number". Select “Next" and “Save".
8. Connect your compatible eXplorist to your PC with an SD memory card in the eXplorist if you are loading maps larger than 8mb or 8000kb. The image below shows how the eXplorist appears on your PC as a removable drive letter.
9. Once the map is saved to the hard drive then you will need to go to our website www.magellangps.com and under Maps and Software download open up the MapSend Litewww.magellangps.com=" products=" map.asp?tab="0&PRODID=1717"> application. On the toolbar of the MapSend Lite program, select “GPS Contents", then “File Manager" and then “Find and Copy Files to My GPS Folder", see image below.
10. You then will see this window below labeled “Find and Copy GPS files to My GPS folder" under the “All GPS Files" drop down menu select “Detail Map Files". See screen shot below.
11. Once you have selected “Detail Map Files", then select where you want to search for these detailed maps, which is your hard drive or local disk typically labeled C:.
12. The MapSend Lite program will begin its search and find eXplorist compatible maps. These are .imi files and you will see the maps like the image below. Select the map you want and click “Copy to My GPS" ( which is actually a ‘My GPS Folder' on your PC and files have to be saved there first for ID verification ).
13. Once you have saved the map files from local C: disk to MapSend Lite you then need to go back under “GPS Contents", “File Manager" and select “Transfer Data to GPS Unit or SD Programmer" as seen below.
14. As a result you will see the window labeled “Transfer Data to GPS Unit or SD Programer" on the left hand side is where you will see your detailed map file. Our example below is “Los Angeles.imi" click “>>" to transfer the map to your compatible eXplorist model.
15. Follow instructions in your eXplorist's user manual to activate maps on the eXplorist. On the eXplorist it is under “Menu", “Preferences" then “Active Setup", and then “Detail Map".