| North America - English
Vehicle Navigation Maps
FAQ's & Submit a Ticket
Manuals & Software Updates
Warranty, Repairs, & Returns
Magellan 60-day Map Guarantee
News and Events
In The News
Tradeshows & Events
Manuals and Software Downloads
Warranty, Repairs & Returns
Magellan 60-Day Map Guarantee
Please ensure that your unit is running the latest
Search Support Center:
-- Entire Support Site --
Knowledgebase and FAQs
Downloads and Manuals
How do I display missing TOPOTM maps on my Triton after transferring from National Geographic TOPO! Outdoor Recreation Mapping SoftwareTM v4.0?
There have been reports that TOPO maps cannot be displayed on a Triton GPS receiver, even after a "successfully transferred" message is displayed. These steps will likely resolve this issue on a Microsoft WindowsTM PC:
1. Uninstall RealPlayer software if installed on your PC.
a. Open "Add or Remove Programs" in Control Panel and select "RealPlayer" from the program list.
b. Click the “Remove" button.
2. Remove any TOPO maps that were previously transferred to your Triton but could not be displayed. (This will enable use of the same map file names when you re-install the TOPO! software.)
3. Uninstall the TOPO! Software v4.0.
a. Open "Add or Remove Programs" in Control Panel and select "TOPO!" from the program list.
b. Click the "Remove" button.
4. Back-up any saved TOPO map data (*.tpo) to a new folder in order to avoid losing your data. You may replace this data file once the TOPO! software has been re-installed.
5. Delete the folder; C:\Program Files\Topo!. (Remember, this will remove all your existing TOPO data. You can restore this data by moving your saved files back to this folder after re-installation.)
6. Re-install the TOPO! Software v4.0 including the TOPO! v4.2.2 update package
7. After re-installing the TOPO software, you should be able to successfully transfer and view the maps on your Triton.
8. After confirming the TOPO map is displayed on your Triton GPS, you may re-install RealPlayer, and should be able to continue to use your TOPO Software and Triton GPS receive
25 Nov 2009 7:11 PM
This article was helpful
This article was not helpful
How can we improve this article?
If you would like to comment on this entry, please use the form below. Comments may be queued for moderation, and will not be published until approved.
Image verification required
Please enter the characters that appear to the right in the space provided. This is just to verify that you are a human.
E-mail Address: (optional)
Kayako Skin by SupportSkins.com
©2011 MiTAC International Corporation. All rights reserved.