There is a driver update available that will make the eXplorist 210, 400, 500, 600 and eXplorist XL units compatible with Vista.
NOTE: This driver fixes the NMEA output function issue only and is not a digitally signed Microsoft driver
Download Vista NMEA driver for eXplorist
1. After you have downloaded the driver from the Magellangps.com website to your computer:
With the GPS connected to PC and NMEA set to 2.1gsa (see user manual for detailed PC connection instructions.) Locate “My Computer" then right click on it and select “Properties"
2. Click on “Device Manager" from the list on the next screen.
3. Windows will ask your permission to continue, click “Continue".
4. The next screen will show a list of devices. Under “Other devices" you will see eXplorist. Right click on eXplorist and select “Update Driver Software".
5. You then will see a screen with 2 options select “Browse my computer for driver software".
6. Then you will see a “Browse for driver software on your computer" screen. Browse to your desktop or folder where you saved the driver and click next.
7. Windows will ask your permission to continue, click “Continue".
8. You then will see a screen with 2 options select “Install this driver software anyway".
9. When the installation is complete you will see a screen that says “Windows has successfully updated your driver software".