All Magellan products are warranted to be free from defects in materials or workmanship for:
- One year from the date of purchase for new GPS receivers
- AAA members may qualify for an extra year of warranty, please see the AAA requirements below to see if you qualify for this offer.*
- 90 days from the date of purchase for reconditioned GPS receivers
- The greater of 90 days or the remainder of the original warranty for GPS receivers exchanged by Magellan as part of in-warranty servicing.
* In-warranty Services require a valid Proof-of Purchase.
* AAA members who registered their units on Magellan's website as a AAA member with in 60 days of purchase and have maintained a valid AAA membership at the time warranty service is needed qualify for the extra year of warranty.
If returned within the applicable warranty period, Magellan will, at its sole discretion and at no cost to the customer, replace the defective GPS receiver with a reconditioned unit of the same model, as available. If the same model is not available, a different reconditioned model GPS receiver will be used for the exchange.
This warranty does not cover failures due to abuse, misuse, accident or unauthorized alterations or repairs.
18 Nov 2009 10:01 PM